Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Learning! Learning!

I'm continuing to work with the Raw format, and learning. One thing I've learned: I probably need to get a calibrator for my computer screen so I'm seeing the photo colors in the most accurate way possible.

I'm sprinkling this post with a few photos I've been playing with - all shot in Camera Raw and converted to black and white. This is the only color one for today.

My goal for this day is to take some of J in Camera Raw so I can play with the skin tone in this format - the main reason I want to make this conversion is to improve skin tone colors if possible.

This day is not too busy, but has a few chores in it. Hoping to get my Wednesday night class completely prepared. Also need to do a bit of organizing in the upstairs of my house.

It's lightly snowing and in the 20's today, so not quite the typical spring break weather most of us expect. But, peaceful and quiet.

A few observations I've made lately (meaning yesterday since I have trouble remembering much beyond that!):

  • My dog is getting way too fat! He looks like a big sausage when he's laying on the kitchen floor. Wonder if this has to do with the new dog food, or if he's getting too much people food (clearing throat and looking at Andy!)?
  • J's legs are getting long - like his dad. This gives me hope that he won't be short and round like me! I'm not really that short, but the round part makes me look more short.
  • I could scrapbook for probably a year without buying anything more but adhesive - but boy do I go through adhesive quickly. And when I go to buy the adhesive, well, temptations usually set in, and I buy other things as well. May have to start sending Andy for the adhesive because he won't be tempted!
  • I love the comments that get left on my blog - so thank you! They are usually affirming and encouraging, and that is always welcome in my day!

Have a great Tuesday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos! Go YOU learning to work with RAW photos. I get excited to learn and then chicken out. Have done it more than once. I'm pathetic.

And I'm so with ya on not needing anything more than adhesive for a good long time. Doesn't stop me tho'. :P

Unknown said...

Your pics are just so deep. I could stare at them forever!

Suz said...

Happy St. Patty's Day

Your photos are wonderful

Rita said...

Gorgeous photos and brrr!! Looks so cold. We're a bit warmer, but I'm ready for spring after all the snow we've had this winter. Add me to the list of those that don't need anything other than adhesive. I don't go to the LSS so my only temptation is SC!

vtpuggirl said...

Such beautiful photographs for today, I love them! Our weather is crazy too!

Terri said...

I so live vicariously through your camera's eye. It takes me back to High School photography and messing around for hours in the darkrooms.... going out and taking photos of Grist Mills in southern Washington. Wonderful memories! Thanks- tj

audrey neal said...

I want to live where you live -- it's just stunning there! I love coming to your blog and seeing your photos each day. Really incredible work.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Girl, you make me NEED to take photography classes and learn to play more with Photoshop. GORGEOUS. Loved your observations. I am the same way with adhesives. Hobby Lobby has them on sale this week so I just stocked up. :)

liz mataraza said...

i haven't a clue what you're talking about with the raw camera stuff, but the pics look beautiful as always!

i was thinking about your doggie...didn't he recently lose a doggie buddy? or am i wrong? could that be the weight gain? sorry if i'm wrong about that.

as for adhesive, well same here!