Monday, March 16, 2009

CHARGE!

Spring Break is here and I'm charged and ready for a productive fun week! J wants to go hiking, visit with friends and just relax. He's happy and healthy and ready to enjoy his time off. That makes me so happy!

I got out and about hiking on Saturday while Andy was with J up at snow boarding lessons (again, thank you Grandma for that wonderful gift!). It was a beautiful spring day with temps in the upper 40's, and I headed to the river because I had a deep craving to be around flowing water. It was wonderful to hear a chick-a-dee as I was hiking along. I even waded across a shallow spot to one of the larger islands to tromp around. It was so fun. And I was taking photos in camera raw so that I could practice the post-processing in that format. Here is the first result:

Its going to take some practice to get this completely down, but I'm pleased with my start on this. I've got about 50 more photos to practice on over the next couple days.

I've been doing research regarding jobs and financial planning, and unexpectedly, yesterday was an incredibly encouraging day on that front. Things like discovering our house is worth more than I anticipated by a significant amount really helped me feel rosier about our outlook. I didn't realize how much it was worth before the down turn, and I also assumed that the market here had been impacted more than it was. Not that we have decided for sure to sell our house, just that it is more of an asset in our lives than I anticipated.

I still have quite a list of things to look into as Andy and I consider how to be the best stewards of what we have and meet our responsibilities. We're praying for wisdom as we go through this process - and that we don't make any of our possessions or our current lifestyle an idol.

Hopefully one week from today we'll be ready to sit down and cull through our options, and then narrow it down to three or four to present to some wise people and get their input too. My heart's desire is that we are ready to make a decision(s) by the following Saturday, and we can get right to doing what needs to be done. Whew! Feels good to be doing something instead of observing problems/challenges and trying to hide from them.

So, onward with Monday! Hope to check in here again on Tuesday!

11 comments:

Sweet Peripety said...

I love your dedication to God and your family. It is soooo important to do the things you are doing. And it sets a huge example for the rest of us :) I love your photos- it is so neat to see your work from day to day.

Rita said...

Playing catch up a bit, but I have to say I love all of your recent LOs and photos! I have a hard time being in limbo or waiting to make a decision too, so I hope you get the answer you are looking for soon.

Lauren said...

MMmmm... LOVE the last photo of the picnic table.

And it may come as a surprise, but I enjoy faith when I find people who mix it into everything...

*Paula* said...

Your photos are always such a treat.

Davinie Fiero said...

Fabulous photos yet again!

Kimberly said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post...words and photographs! xoxo
Loves,
Kimberly

vtpuggirl said...

Glad you are having a good and productive spring break, looks like beautiful weather!

Unknown said...

Your blog is so inspiring, and your pics are amazing. TFS!

audrey neal said...

good luck with all of your decisions! stay strong and keep the faith through it all.

Stacey Michaud said...

Your pictures are just so beautiful and inspiring! Have you considered going into that field? You have some great talent!! Sending you wishes and prayers as you are working your way through your decision making!

Denise said...

Susan Beth, you once again have taken beautiful photos. I have never shot in RAW format. I think I need to read up on that. Sounds intriguing. I hope you have a beautiful spring break with your son. The weather sure looks like it is going to be perfect!