Wednesday, March 4, 2009

God is Faithful!

Updates continue.

J had a great day at school yesterday, and again today. He's excited about a performance he and his class are doing at the annual school dinner tomorrow night. And, they are doing some creative writing (stories) in class. This is a subject where he shines - that kid has a great imagination. I love seeing him when he's got all his confidence!

Yesterday's post bore much bad news about anticipated changes in our business. Today, a little more on the positive side. We got more details, and fortunately for us, we will not be totally eliminated from the Public Defender work. There will indeed be some cut backs, but not cut offs. That is a relief and truly and answer to prayer. We are pleased with this new news, but also realize that those couple of days where we thought our business was going to have to be completely re-vamped were indeed valuable. Made us think out of the box. Helped us to realize areas of weakness we've allowed to develop. Kicked us in the pants about addressing some of those weaknesses. We'll have challenges, but from today's perspective they are less overwhelming. Thank you to our faithful God for answering prayers and giving us this learning opportunity.

I also thank all of you for warm and supportive comments on yesterday's post. Sometimes I bare my soul a bit more than is comfortable, but it is hard to allow others to see God at work if I don't allow the personal to be put out there some. He is after all, a very personal God.

For those seven women from my class on Monday night looking for photos of the finished book so you can use it to help you finish yours, I'm sorry that I don't have those photos. I went to take the pictures this afternoon and my camera battery was dead. I'll get it done tomorrow if I can, otherwise, I promise it will be ready on Friday. Sorry for the delay.

I've got some last minute responsibilities for the school dinner to complete tonight, so I'll sign off.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments, and blessings on your Thursday!

2 comments:

Christie Wildes said...

So glad to hear that the job news is not as dark as you thought. Awesome news!!!
I hope that there are many great days ahead for ds at school.
((hugs))

XO

Lisa Dorsey said...

So happy to hear things are looking up today. Hope J's positive attitude continues about school.