Sunday, March 29, 2009

Camera Troubles

Bummer!

I've discovered a bit of a problem with my camera. It is dirty! Like really intolerably dirty! And it happened very all of the sudden. I'm not sure how, but let me show you.

This photo was taken on Thursday, and it does not have the problem:

This photo was taken on Saturday, and the problem is huge!

See all the dirt clustered in the upper third of the photo and then more sprinkled all around. Must have happened while changing lenses, but I don't remember doing that in a way that was vulnerable. Very frustrating!

No more photos until I get this cleaned!

Taking it in on Monday! Don't know how long it will take or how long I will be without my camera. Dreading that! Feeling really nervous about this whole process. Considering doing the cleaning myself, but. . . what if I muffed it up and ruined the camera. That would be so terrible that I'm willing to let someone else do it. But the thought crosses my mind that if I did it myself I'd be back to having a camera to use by Tuesday as opposed to some unknown period longer. Something to ponder during those sleepless hours I've been having the last few nights.

Other than that, a fairly good weekend. We did not have baseball try outs as originally planned, because the weather was not good enough. Sounds like last season where every single schedule event in April and almost all of May was canceled due to snow and rain. Hoping we're not headed for another repeat of that!

Today, we got 4-6 inches of new snow, with it coming down all day! That was the setting for moving Andy's office to town. Big drifts on the roads, poor visibility, and generally just the kind of weather you don't want for moving. But, the task is almost done. Andy has to go back tonight and get the computer set up, but that shouldn't take too long.

I hope you have a great start to the week.

9 comments:

Mia said...

Sorry to hear about your camera. Hope you can get it fixed soon. Susan, right now I'd trade you snow for the heat we have here! LOL!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Snow here too - soccer season delayed - OK with me!! My camera really needs to be cleaned too. I don't take near the quality of photos you do, but still, I can see this piece of lint or whatever in every pic and it is driving me crazy. Right now, I just really don't want to spend the money!!

Michelle said...

I'm taking my camera in to get cleaned today, too. I noticed there were a bunch of dust particles on the mirror that are showing up on my pictures! Good luck with yours. :)

Rita said...

Good luck with getting your camera cleaned! I worry so much about mine because if something were to happen to it, it would be a while before I could replace it. I can't believe you are still getting snow!

Sweet Peripety said...

good psa for camera cleaning! ack-we got snow here too today, a dusting though LOL. i have been thinking of you and all your changes lately!

Unknown said...

I should get my camera cleaned, too. I just hate to be without it.

That eagle pic is so cool, and I can't believe you're still getting snow.

vtpuggirl said...

I have moved in the snow, so not fun. Although, being military, I guess I've moved in almost every kind of weather, not helpful. So sorry about your camera, I might ask in the SC photography forum about cleaning it yourself, there are professionals over that might know. I hate for you to spend the money, time, etc.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear about that! I hope it is an easy clean up fix!

Kristii said...

So sorry you are having camera troubles!! I hope you get it all worked out!! I am tired of the snow-I can't wait for warmer weather!! May the face of the Lord shine upon you today!!