Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Page

At last, I got to scrapbook for no reason than I wanted to. Not for a class. Not for a challenge. Just because. I used letters that I've been dying to use for months. I used a tag that came on some of J's clothing as an accent. I just played. It was so fun. Hope to get to do it again soon!

Don't get me wrong about classes; I love the classes! But I'm limited to what is in the store or will be ordered for the store. Not as much freedom. Sometimes I get to doing so many class projects that I start to feel confined and stiffled. When I'm not limited like that I feel so inspired and excited. I guess in a way that allows me to keep it fresh sometimes.

The journaling reads: J, even on the hard days, like when you get in trouble at school, you are my very special boy. It breaks my heart to see you struggle because I love you so very much." It was inspired by the fact that this week he got into a bit of minor trouble at school, but it really impacted him. The photo was taken at school the very day he got in trouble - in fact just a few minutes before the principal came down to talk to him. I just happened to be there taking photos of the children doing their art when this happened.

I really want to document all parts of his life, even when he's struggling. I know that the struggles are relatively minor in the grand scheme of life, but for him, this particular incident was a big deal and upset him. He was even a bit mad that I put it in a scrapbook page. I think in years to come he won't be so mad about that!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Susan, i couldn't agree with you more...and this is a beautiful page. glad you got to 'play'!! =)

audrey neal said...

beautiful layout -- love the colors and patterns you combined. And I totally agree with you about scrapping everything -- the good and the bad.

Jacquie said...

what a beautiful lovely page!

Terri said...

Yea!! I found my fav MT photographer again.... Been gone with scrapping blocks but you will surely get me up and at it again!

Kristii said...

What an awesome page!!! I know what you mean about scrapping just because!! A little freedom does a body good!!!

Norma Kennedy said...

Beautiful page and one can never go wrong documenting any moment. Best wishes.