Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Skate Boarding Has Arrived Here!

A layout I did for the 52 Sketches . . . 52 Weeks challenge sight. It's the first time I've ever worked with one of their sketches, and I did like it.

J got to use his birthday money yesterday, and bought himself a skate board (and at my insistence, also a helmet). He's using it in the house right now because there is snow on what little pavement we have. I'm figuring that as long as those wheels are clean and smooth it won't hurt the hardwood floors. But once he takes that baby outside, well, that is where it stays.

He's wanted a skateboard since he was 4 years old and noticed the skaters at the skate park across from the grocery store. Actually, when I think about it, he would sit for hours and watch the skate park activities in Truckee, and we moved away from there when he was almost three. So, this is a bit of a dream come true for him. He woke up this morning and told me he has achieved great skills just in the 8 waking hours he's had the thing. Yeah for him!

We'll have to see how long I can hold off on having to take him to the skate park in town.

Gotta go! Have a great Wednesday!

12 comments:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

I LOVE this layout, Susan Beth!!! It's perfect!

It was good to see you last night! It's been a long time! I miss you.

Jenn said...

Cute LO.

vtpuggirl said...

Adorable layout, love the title and the stars, so pretty. Skateboards sound fun, can't wait for that.

Suzanne said...

Fantastic layout. I'm sure your son will really enjoy his new board!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Susan Beth, that layout is STUNNING!!! You are a braver mom than me. I would worry constantly if my girls wanted a skateboard. He is lucky to have you. :)

Pamela said...

Great layout!!!

Mia said...

Love the layout! Gorgeous use of color!

Jenn O said...

My son is really afraid of skateboards, but intrigued all at the same time. I'm guessing in a year or two, I'll be typing a similar post!

Love how bright and happy your layout is, cute photo!

Courtney said...

That is a great layout!

Rita said...

Love the LO! Such a handsome boy! Good decision on waiting until now to get a skateboard. Nick had an accident on a skateboard at 4 and had to have his front tooth pulled. His permanent tooth didn't come in until he was 7!! We have lots of toothless pictures. All I'll say is he was NOT with me when it happened :)

Kelly said...

Love the layout!
And that is so awesome for J!!

Lindsay said...

Hi Susan Beth! I KNEW that was you (from SC) when I saw your name on the 52 Sketches website. LOVE that LO you did! Have a great weekend! Lindsay