Sunday, March 8, 2009

Random Odds and Ends

Yesterday brought so many different thoughts to my mind. I'll just share a few of them.
I went to a baby shower for the Zoe Pregnancy Center (a form of a Crisis Pregnancy Center, with the goal of supporting women in keeping their pregnancy rather than aborting). It was a great event. I got to be around beautiful babies - and take their photos! That is a rarity for me. I cried as I heard stories of young women whose lives were already challenging before they became pregnant and it got even more difficult. But in each of those stories were also full of joy and blessing as they have learned so much and drawn closer to God through the trials they've gone through. And they are making it as mothers, with joy and faith in their hearts.

My beautiful little niece was at the shower, as her mom works for the agency.It was really the first time I got to see her around babies, and she is so cute! She really enjoys them so much.

So, on to a totally different random topic. I saw this yesterday as I was driving into town.

A bison in the cattle feed lot. Now, if you live in cattle territory you know that generally ranchers HATE Bison because they carry diseases that can harm the herd. Its just another point of contention between ranchers and nature lovers. But, here they are together, intentionally. Makes me wonder what the story is behind it.

And then there is my J. He started out the day just fine:

But fell asleep in the car on the way home from snow board lessons, got home with a fever, weakness and exhaustion. But this morning he's doing great - no fever, much more energy, and happy as can be. Glad whatever it was passed so quickly!

Other things that occupied my thoughts yesterday:

  • We had a good time with our company on Friday night, and inviting people over for dessert is a great way to entertain in a more relaxed manner than preparing a whole meal.
  • My back is hurting (upper) and it proves to me that I'm getting old. I spent most of the day trying to find a comfortable position, which generally did not mean sitting unless it was on the big Palates ball.
  • The seeds I planted early last week have begun to sprout (they are upstairs in little mini green houses catching the warmth of the sun when it appears), and that makes me excited about gardening until I look out and see the 4-8 inches of new snow we've gotten over the past 48 hours. By the way, it is still snowing today.
  • I've read and heard of ladies who are hanging their laundry out to dry, and I'm trying to figure a way to do that too - of course will have to wait until we have better weather.
  • More on the spring thing: Being that it is March, we will be listening for the sound of Sand Hill Cranes now. Kind of a tradition to have a contest to see which one of us hears them first. It is always a joyful sound, although right now with a totally white landscape it would seem so out of place.
  • I sure hope spring comes before it did last year - waiting until mid June for spring was just too long for me!

You are probably bored of my ramblings by now, so I'm off!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

ahhhh...nothing better than the smell of sundried laundry! just m ay have to look into that myself!! =)

Rita said...

Beautiful baby photographs! I just love them! Glad the sickness passed quickly for J, and I too am ready for spring! The kids are ready to play outside!