Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Come Walk with Me

Yesterday's hike up to Lava Lake was an adventure in photography and I'd like to share a bit of it. Here in the Rockies we don't get so much color in the trees as we do in the under brush. You'll see what I mean.
I'll start with some big picture shots, giving you an idea of the general view as I hiked this six plus miles. (By the way, just to make you feel safe along the way, I was carrying bear spray, but never needed to even think about getting it out.)
So, that is the hike. Here are the details:

All photography brought to you by me, your silly little tour guide - I needed a self portrait for a project, so I took this shot along the way.

Have a great Wednesday.

13 comments:

Jennifer Davis said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

Gorgeous photos!! I loved seeing the foliage and that shot with the water drops on the leaf...Stunning!

Anonymous said...

your photography is AMAZING.

Nancywithajones said...

GORGEOUS photos!!!!

Michelle said...

How I miss the mountains--living here in the flat lands! Keep sharing!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos!!! It looks lovely!
I have been to America only once, but I really hope to go back there and discover more of you beautiful country, and the Rockies are definitely on my list of what I want to see :)

vtpuggirl said...

Just beautiful, hope you frame some and put them up in your home!

Stacey Michaud said...

Your pictures are just gorgeous. It is really a talent!

Hanna Long said...

stunning pictures!! Must have been a beautiful walk - wish we had fall foliage like that down here.

Unknown said...

Amazing photos! What a beautiful place to hike!

aimee said...

came to get my daily dose of nature. as always...beautiful!
and thanks for the comment. it seems all my down to earth friends with any kind of values are online. liz is the only exception to that. wish we could all live closer.

Heather said...

Hello! I came across your blog via 2P's and was so surprised to see your post about Lava Lake! My in-laws live in Bozeman and I Lava Lake was one of my first hikes out there! I was convinced we were NEVER going to get there! But once we did it was so worth it! Your pictures are stunning!

mommy2alex said...

Thank you for the walk, you're a wonderful tour guide and photographer!!!