Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ladders are dangerous.

Today J fell off of one of those dangerous things known as a ladder. I was at work and he was helping his dad put up an antenna - you see, we don't do cable, and without the antenna for five years we've only had two channels. After five years, Andy wants to be able to watch football, so we're adding to the roof. Anyway, J and the ladder fell about 8 feet. He hit is face on a rung of the ladder - ouch! Skinned his knee too. Mostly though, scared the dickens out of his father. He will have a bruise on his face, but otherwise is fine. Onward with the project! They are working on it as I type. I guess they had a bit of a delay because the dogs got out, they searched for them, and found them miles away ACROSS THE HIGHWAY! Ugh! Not sure who opened the gate, but it was open and they were out. So thankful they were not killed on the highway! I guess you could say it was a bit of a day for Andy and J. ETA: The antenna is up and working. We now get PBS, CBS, which we always got, but now they are clearer. Plus, we get NBC and whatever is on channel ten for us (might be ABC, might be Fox, we don't know), as well as a Christian station on 45. Andy and J are feeling pretty good about their accomplishment. Football season, here we come!

I worked at KBD yesterday and today, and actually finished a project. This is a project I learned at Inspired Artist Workshop in April, taught by Jennifer Stewart. I'll be teaching my version of it at the retreat the store sponsors in mid October. (Mine is simplified as Jennifer's had lights in bottles that really worked, and I don't have that because I can't source it and stay within budget.)

We did get the wonderful Scenic Route Sonoma papers in at the store, and I played with them today. Unfortunately, I think it was a case of too much excitement, because I am not at all happy with the one page I finished. But the page that is in progress does excite me. I've got to get this worked out, as this is a class for later this month, and I need two layouts ready for the Open House event next Saturday. I set the one I'm dissatisfied with aside for today. I'll take it out again on Monday and see if I can salvage it. Working more on it now would just be a bad thing all the way around. Does that every happen to anyone else? With this one I was moving along well, until the title. I tried four (yes f.o.u.r. different title configurations - with a total of three different ones cut with the cricut!) titles and was not happy. I finally got one I think I like, but because I was exhausted working with it so long, the rest of the page just looks yucky to me. I really need to step away.

The birds were active at the front window again this morning. This photo is through two panes of glass, so I can't get it in the greatest focus. It is fun to watch the birds all huddled up against the cold morning air!

Hopefully back tomorrow with some Sonoma worth sharing!

2 comments:

Sudie said...

So glad he is ok. scary. Enjoy the football games, J!
I love that Scenic Route line. very pretty. Take care. Sudie

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I still need to get Sonoma at the store....can't wait to see what you come up with :)
Suzie