Sunday, September 21, 2008

Well now. . .

This has been one heck of a weekend!
Originally we were supposed to go camping in Grand Teton this weekend. Didn't happen. I was sad, but I know it was the wise decision.
Instead, we stayed home, went to football (see previous post) and chased our dogs all over the neighborhood yesterday. They have found a way to escape our fenced five acres, and this is not good. Yesterday they got out twice, the second time they were gone for six hours, and we assumed they were dead or picked up by animal control. They came home well after dark, wet from rain, and smelling like something dead. Andy, my hero, was out giving them baths at 9 p.m.. It was not a good dog owner day! Now we have to keep them in the locked garage while we are gone, and only let Bo out supervised, because he is the one leading the escape efforts. Dumb dog!
Today we slept in - emotionally drained from all the worry about the dogs yesterday. So, we played hooky from church, and then Daniel and Stacy came over. It was a busy day.
There was swinging from the tree swings:
There was chain sawing.
There was oil changing.
There was shrub trimming.
There was shrub removal and tractor riding.
There was sleeping on the couch.
There was bar-b-quing.
There was ice cream eating.
There was first tooth losing.
And lucky for me, there was scrapbooking.
All in all, quite a weekend. I'm tired. Think I'll head to bed early.

10 comments:

Lisa Dorsey said...

wow sounds like you did have a busy weekend! Cute lost tooth picture and I like the swing pictures too. You did such a nice job scrapping that picture of you and your son.

Kim Faucher said...

wow, you guys were so busy... we have a "dumb" dog too... she keeps destroying clothes... getting into the cupboards etc... but we still love her... the things we put up with for our animals, huh?
Have a good day!

Nancywithajones said...

wow very busy weekend indeed. SOOO GLAD your dog came back. I have a horror story with my yorkie that did that I wont share with you. IM jsut soooo happy your animals are safe. They are worse than kids sometimes (kids you can halfway find out if they understand what your saying)
LOVE the photos and that lost tooth space. Bella is in such a hurry to loose her first tooth I keep telling her not to rush it .. it will happen. They wanna grow up so fast. sigh

Anonymous said...

Great pics and layout....sounds like a fun, busy week-end you had :)

Jenn O said...

Awesome photos--you make me wish I was there! Sorry to hear about your dogs, we've been there what seems like a million times. I'm glad they're home safe and sound, even if they were stinky.

Anonymous said...

Everytime our dogs do something exasperating like that, my hubby reminds me that pets add 7 years to our lives! ha! :P

vtpuggirl said...

Fun weekend! I love the swing photos and the layout is so pretty!

Denise said...

Busy and fun! Sounds like a wonderful weekend, if you remove the dog escaping part.

Staci Taylor said...

Oh wow, that was quite a weekend! Yay for losing teeth and tree swinging - I miss the tree swinging days! Sorry about the dog drama, yikes! Glad you got in some scrapping time (i'm jealous!) - that layout is awesome!

liz mataraza said...

sorry about your pups...we always keep gomey leashed, although one time he got out on accident and just stood there; he's been outside leashed for so many years, he's forgotten what to do! poor fella.

love the lo!