Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shadowlands!

ETA: I can't get the spacing right with blogger right now - so I added funky headings so you could get some separation in the paragraphs. Don't understand why this happened. Cool photos of light and shadow: While we were watching Cindy McCain give her speech tonight J yelled to come see the shadows. After first trying to hush him so I could hear, I finally looked out and saw what he was talking about, grabbed my camera and got these.
Tangent information:
Then, I rushed back in the house to hear the rest of the speech, and to watch McCain himself give his speech (this is the first year I have ever watched both conventions, and it has been pretty interesting).
Back to the photos:
Anyway, back to the photos. No, this redness is not a matter of doing a poor job of managing color in PSE. These are the colors of the fields just as they were this evening. The darker areas are the shadows of our home, our barn and the big tree in the back. The red is from the sunset happening in the opposite direction. What a great place we live to get events like this!
Routine Struggles:
We're four days into September and I'm struggling to get everything together with this renewed school schedule. I spend about two hours a day taking J to and from school, and while having the time without interruption while he is at school allows for more efficiencies, the loss of the two hours puts me feeling like I am getting less accomplished each day.
Impact of Inefficiencies:
Two days in a row I've only gotten about 75% of my "To Do List" items completed. There is a lot to do this first week of the month, and I haven't gotten it all done. This is also the weekend (Friday/Saturday combo) I work at the Keepsakes By Design for this month, so I won't be getting bills paid or office work done. That means that Monday is going to be a big day in the office, and not the usual in town grocery shopping day. This gets discouraging as I'm trying to hard to establish a routine and I feel so far behind!
Whining about not scrapbooking:
Worst of all, I didn't get to do any scrapbooking this week. That just plain sucks! I'm seeing projects on other people's blogs that are so inspiring, but I just don't have the time to get to any of my own. Hopefully this weekend at the store I'll have a little time to finish up a project for an October class I'm teaching. And, if I'm really lucky, the Scenic Route Sonoma paper will have arrived, and I'll be able to develop two pages for a class with that between Friday and Saturday.
Sad news:
We got word today that Andy's Uncle Fred died after a long battle with cancer. Very sad. He was an honorable, kind and talented man who will be missed by many. Our hearts go out to his family. Andy just has a sadness as he processes this passing.
Closing:
I'm off to keep reading in Sacred Marriage and get settled to bed.
Have a great Friday everyone!

13 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

It seems that a lot is going on for you right now. I know how frustrating it can be not to be getting everything done that needs to be. I hope that you are able to catch up and get your routine running smoothly soon. :)

Oh, and have I ever told you how much I enjoy your photos. Breathtaking.

Sweet Peripety said...

The photos are awesome!!!!!

I hope you have a great, wonderful, inspired day, Susan Beth. **HUGS***

ricanlaw said...

I always enjoy your photos. Thank you for sharing them. Have a wonderful weekend.

DebW said...

Susan, you truly live in God's country. So beautiful it seems surreal! TFS!

Jennifer Davis said...

Your photos are beautiful, awesome skyline shots! Sorry to hear about your husband's Uncle passing...that's always so hard.

Have a wonderful weekend!

liz mataraza said...

gorgeous photos. completely breathtaking.

love reading your questionnaire! you're so funny...

sorry i haven't visited in a while. i've been kind of blah this week.

Rita said...

I love the photos, and I love even more that your DS knew to appreciate that amazing scene! Hope you get some scrapping in soon!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, once again! Hey, at least you can get the entire image on your blog....I can't seem to figure that little detail out on mine....
Ugh, to be blog-challenged!! L)
Suzie

Kelly said...

Amazing photos. Truly beautiful!!

Sorry to hear about the death in the family. Thinking of you.

Kelly xxx

Joy said...

Wow, it was worth going out to look. Gorgeous photos. Sorry to hear about your uncle though. I can really relate to your frustration with not being able to get stuff done...I've found myself in the exact same boat for slightly different reasons. It's driving me bonkers. Have a good weekend!

All That Chit Chat said...

So sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord give you strength and peace.

All That Chit Chat said...

And oh yes, the photos are breath-taking!

vtpuggirl said...

I like the subtitles! Sorry about Andy's uncle. I love sunset photos, although I'm more of an early morning sunrise girl since having a baby, he's normally in bed by sunset. Hope you can scrap soon. Just small things-editing a photo while talking on the phone, printing a photo while paying bills can give you encouragement to keep going with the process. I'm so desparately wanting the SR Sonoma, I can't even tell you.