Friday, September 12, 2008

Going industrial!

Took these two shots on the way home from taking J to school yesterday.
Then we went out and did an "industrial" shoot in the evening up in Belgrade, near the rail road tracks. I had to bribe him with Dairy Queen - he earned his first ever blizzard by being my model!
His poses are so cute! I asked him not to do all the super hero and Jedi fighting poses but to do more what he thought a teenager would do for poses. He turned his face so very serious, did a lot of arm crossing and leaning. It was funny.
It's my first time in that type of setting. I need to play a little with Photo Shop Elements so I can make them even cooler - you know, some black and white and some distressed frames. But, for today, these shots should make Grandpa happy. Right?
Have a great Friday.

14 comments:

Terri Davenport said...

Fantastic photos! I'll have to remember the Dairy Queen bribe (why didn't I ever think of that?)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Love those backgrounds, especially the flag on the wall. My girls do all "the poses" too. A lot of times they come up with much better poses than I would. :)

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

Love the photographs... He is so funny, love his take on teenage angst look. May he never experience the need to "do" the look other than when his loving mother asks :-)

Claude said...

I really like the one where he's sitting in the staris!

Lauren said...

Great photos! Boys are so funny at that age!!

Jen Martakis said...

Great photos! Can I have a blizzard if I agree to be your model? I'll take a Reese's peanut butter cup. Mmmmmmmmm. :)

Anonymous said...

what a cool photo shoot setting! i love the painted flag!

Fuzzy said...

These are great photos. His eyes look sad and tired, perfect for the teenage effect.

Kim Faucher said...

these photos are very cool.. love the perspective on several of these!

vtpuggirl said...

Love them all, but that second landscape one is just amazing!

Anonymous said...

I love the backgrounds you chose! Great for teen shots. You are doing an amazing job. I love seeing your progress!

Anonymous said...

Funny, you can see him relaxing a little with each shot...great job!

denine zielinski said...

Well, I love your photos! He did great with those poses! Wish my guy would pose like that! Wishful thinking!

Rita said...

I bribe my DS to cooperate for pictures too:) Great shots, he's very handsome!