Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Papa Behind the Camera

J and I in front of the camera. A rare event for sure!
I can't take credit for the photo taking, just the cropping, and other PSE adjustments. A big shout of thanks to Andy for helping with this project! It was inspired by Aleida, who taught us all how important it is to have pictures of mommas with their babies!
This is my baby.
He's funny!
Today he had to finish writing a paragraph for school. I sat with him because it helps him stay on task. He had to write a seven sentence paragraph. His was about Scooter, the snowboarding rat. I was so excited about this little one paragraph story. When he was done he asked if he could write more than seven sentences.
Keep in mind that this is the boy who just last week took three hours to do his homework, which involved a lot less writing than seven sentences. His cursive is coming along beautifully! It's not John Hancock's for sure, but it is readable, with appropriately spaced letter that stay on the line and are even in size. And most importantly, it is faster! This, my dear blog readers, is amazing progress for just one week. I totally credit his teacher who has found the key to motivating him - now, I just have to see if she can share the secret with me!
Love this boy!

13 comments:

Nancywithajones said...

THOSE Photos are breathtaking. He will treasure these forever. Aleida will be so proud. If anything at all positive could have come out of something so absolutly horrific. I have seen so many mama's that dont take photos ... in front of the camera instead of behind. I know she is smiling so big right now.

I hope your son has wonderful motivating teachers like this through out all his schooling. It is amazing what a difference the right teacher can make :) Mine was Mrs Gwen Barham my 4th grade teacher haha.

Anonymous said...

Susan Beth...TFS those pictures with SC! They are beautiful. That little man has surely got your eyes. Lovely all around.

Sudie said...

love your pictures. you both look so happy and relaxed. what a handsome little guy!

Lisa Dorsey said...

How awesome that you have those wonderful pictures of you with your son! I really need to get in more photos. You have inspired me. :)

Fuzzy said...

These are great pictures! Kudos to Andy and to you guys for being so happy! I'm not on vacation, just stalking the internet a little more than normal lately. (And being a bad worker, as I am at my desk right now)

Jenn said...

The last one is my favorite!
and kudos to J for getting the homework time down and the handwriting...I know your pain, as my "little" Caleb struggles too!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are beautiful. He is such a darling young boy. and with such a sweet heart. Thanks for sharing!

Rita said...

Beautiful, wonderful photos! They will surely be treasured! Glad to hear about the school progress. My DS is so excited about learning cursive! He says it's his favorite part of school right now!

vtpuggirl said...

Wonderful photos! Aleida would be proud for sure! How excited are you to scrap these?

I have to set up my tripod, not looking forward to that. But I will, for her.

Anonymous said...

I love the photos...as always, and it's really nice to see you in them! I need your addy again please, so I can mail out your puffy pen :)

AnnaMarie said...

Wonderful photos - definite treasured memories there! I did the same today too with my blog entry - hoping to make Aleida "proud" too. :)

Chrys said...

great pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! What a great thing to have. I wish I had pics like that with each of my babies. I'll make that a goal for this year. You will both treasure them I'm sure.

You'll have to post the wonderful story - I'd love to read about a snowboarding rat! :)