Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fear!

Listened to too much NPR yesterday afternoon, getting moment by moment analysis of our troubled economy. That left me a bit fearful. Fearful that the economy will take a downturn into depression. Fearful that we have too much debt to ride out such a situation without losing our home. Fearful that life would get too hard.
Now, most likely those fears are unreasonable. But they were my fears. I had to turn them over to God and realize that my family is going to be okay - even if my worst fears came to pass. we have faith, and that does not make us immune to hard times, but it gives us the strength to go through them without losing ourselves and without losing our basic underlying joy.

So last night I got to scrapbook, and this is what came out. The journaling reads: 17 September 2008 ~ Today I found myself almost frozen by the fear of the happenings on Wall Street. Large investment banks and insurance companies are a long way from my day to day life, but as they fail I have fear. Fear that we might not make our mortgage payment. Fear that we have too much debt for these challenging times. But I caste those fears on God and He gives me peace.

On to a more up-beat day!

12 comments:

Lorrie said...

Isn't it sweet to have someone to turn to in times of trouble. I can't imagine facing the fears of everyday life without God on my side..

Anonymous said...

gorgeous layout!

Jenn said...

Nice LO....I think a lot of us share your same FEARS! I know I do. Just knowing that Heavenly Father tis right there with me is what keeps me going most days! Kudos to you for being able to scrap the fear.

Anonymous said...

such a good reminder for us all regarding fear :) glad you scrapped it!

Sweet Peripety said...

I love blogging b/c it sure helps to write these things!!!!!! And, more importantly, I love how God can bring us out of our fogs. I appreciate you sharing your heart.

Lovely page!!!!!

Rita said...

Beautiful page, and I have the same fears for our family. You words are always so inspiring, thank you for sharing them with all of us:)

Anonymous said...

I definitely think it is a little scary regarding the major investment banks. But you are right in turning your fears to God. Jesus said, "In this world we will have trouble, but take heart I have overcome the world."

Good for you for writing out your fears. I am sure it helps!

vtpuggirl said...

I too have been watching as the market takes the financials out back and shoots them. Very difficult times ahead possibly. I like that you acknowledged that having faith doesn't ward off tough times, it helps you through them. Great page, the flower is so pretty.

Jen Martakis said...

How beautiful this page is. Your journaling is so strong. I ditto what Lorrie says, I can't imagine facing life without leaning on God.

Nancywithajones said...

Your page is awesome. Scary isnt it! I know I can't watch all that or Id be a paranoid wreck. I have to just have faith. This is a great testament and page for generations to come to see how you "gave it to God" funny to think these will be the good old days to another generation to come lol

Jennifer Davis said...

It sure is a crazy time isn't it? We listen to NPR every night here, it's a wonderful resource to have and take advantage of.

Great LO!

Stacey Michaud said...

Really great way to express yourself!!