Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm drowning!

Okay, so far today I've: Up early, wake up J, get breakfast, etc. that goes with morning routine; Take J to school, go in today, talk with teacher about taking him out of school for a day next week to accommodate our travel plans, (and she told me he was well behaved, which made me feel great); Go to grocery store, get weekly things from that particular store - Costco run will have to wait until Wed or Thurs this week; Stop and fill car up with gas; Go check P.O. Box - no Studio Calico kit yet, which is a bummer!; Unload and re-load dish washer; Two loads of laundry; Change sheets on J's bed; Make my bed; Finish the monthly billing to private pay clients; Write collection letters to three clients (trying to be nice, but wanting to get paid at least a portion of the almost $30,000 they owe us!); Updated the Keepsakes by Design blog ( go check it out and see peeks at what Jen Claar will be teaching this fall); Returned phone calls re: up coming events at church; and looked at some other people's blogs through Studio Calico - the best part of the morning so far but might have been a bit irresponsible, given what remains to be done today! And it's only 1 o'clock. Whew, I am tired. But, guess what?!?!?!?! I still have a ton of stuff to do: 1. exercise (step aerobics today) 2. sweep living room, kitchen and dining room floors 3. vacuum stairs 4. fold all that laundry and put it away 5. finish Sonoma pages (I know, this has been on my list every day since Saturday! Ugh! Have to have them and one other project done by Friday, so a late night might be in my future!) 6. edit photos from a photo shoot I did last week - about 1/3 of the way done with those so far 7. do the office filing (I'm thinking this might have to wait until tomorrow) 8. make dinner (I did already take the meat out of the freezer, which is often the thing I mess up the most) 9. take a shower (probably made more important if I get number one on this list accomplished!) 10. put the finishing touch on a journal I made as a gift for a friend (and that needs to be delivered soon) 11. Call about Leo's leg being infected again and that means probably squeezing in a trip to the vet to be told we need to spend a lot of money on him again for surgery to remove the hardware that was put in to help him (and put in at great cost I might add) raising the question of how much do we spend on this dog before we throw in the towel and say it is just too much. This could be a very time and energy consuming item on the list! And I'm sure there will be many other things to add to the list as the afternoon develops. Unfortunately, I don't think one of them will be "sit back, relax and enjoy some free time." Oh well. I generally like my life, so no use complaining when once in awhile I find myself ten feet deep in things to do! Just need to start digging myself out of this hole - and fast because it really does feel like I'm drowning. Might be because tomorrow's list isn't looking much better, just different. Have a great Tuesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get part of your list done, one thing at a time, you can do it!!! Have a great day :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

WoW, your schedule makes ME tired. Hope you got all your stuff accomplished, or at least most of it!

Rita said...

Busy, busy day! Having a list always makes me more productive. Can't wait to see your Sonoma pages...that line is gorgeous!

Janine Wahl said...

Uh my dear, that is really how I felt this summer. I swear it seemed like there was no light at the end of the tunnel!
The saddest thing is, it made me so unmotivated.
Hang in there my dear.

BTW, I love the frost pictures in your last post. They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

hope you got it all done! i'm tired just reading your list :)