Saturday, September 20, 2008

First Game - Into the Win Column!

This morning was the first football game. J's team, the Dolphins, won - 28 to 7. But more importantly, it was fun.
J has found himself more comfortable with these boys. They chat it up with him, and he with them.
The coach is gone this weekend and next, so Andy is doing the coaching.
They play 8 man, and there were 8 guys from J's team who showed up today, so he played ever single play. That suited him just fine.

This is progressing well from the first practice. I am pleased.

With the rest of this day I'm going to do a quick sweep of this house to straighten it some, and then I'm going to bury myself in some scrapbooking. These are often my plans and I never get past the quick sweep, which really isn't so quick. We'll see how today goes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the football pictures. I hope your "quick sweep" is quicker than mine...I'm struggling to make it to my goal to scrapbook today...grrr...

vtpuggirl said...

Congrats on the football win! I hope you find some time to scrap. I have a hard time pulling off the sweep when dh is home, I never make it past that either.

Fuzzy said...

I'm glad that the team is working out! Sports should be fun, so its so nice to see him having a blast!

Nancywithajones said...

OH IM SO HAPPY that he is more at ease and having fun with the kids. CONGRATS ON WINNING THE GAME yahoo! what a bonus!!

Kelly said...

Awesome pics!! Delegate the sweeping to DH and then you can jump straight to the scrapping ;o)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I know the feeling, for all of last week, I thought I was going to get to 'get lost' in my scrappy space....it only happened one night. Wishing you better luck than I had :)