Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Something New and Different

I got this from my sister Michelle, who makes it all sound so romantic, and which points out to me that my life is so far from romantic right now. Oh well. Michelle appears to be doing this weekly. We'll see if I do. For this week, here you go:
Thoughts for this day:
Outside my Window...Two stinky dogs getting a bath after rolling in something dead again.
I am thinking... of all the things I need to do to get my application to take the Bar Exam finished.
I am thankful for...J got a 90% on a Latin test, a good autumn hike and picture taking adventure this morning (pictures tomorrow) and that it is Andy washing those stinking dogs, not me.
From the kitchen... elk meat given to us by a friend will be the main ingredient in a stew tonight and banana bread made last night.
I am wearing...Sweats and a long sleeve t'shirt because I went on a big hike this morning.
I am reading... Sacred Marriage—Gary Thomas still, but I still really like it. Probably finish this week and scrapbooking magazines (Sommerset Studio this week).
I am hoping...for more opportunities to go hiking this fall and to get my hands on the new Basic Grey Christmas line as soon as possible!
I am hearing... J tap his feet as he does his spelling homework.
Around the house...there are lots of little messes, but nothing too embarrassing and a few autumn decorations I put out on Sunday.
Around the garden... things are dying and it looks beautiful anyway and I need to harvest the apples.
One of my favorite things...clean fresh sheets to crawl under on a cold night in Montana.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Prepare to teach Bible Study, pick apples, make apple sauce, drive for a field trip with J's class, contact California Bar to get records sent to Montana Bar, do a photo shoot with the Palmer Family, and attend the Focus on the Family Truth Project Training.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Your photos are so so pretty! I love that question and answer section..Elk meat?? That is something I have never eaten..Very interesting.

mborrero said...

beautiful picture

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciating
my blog
I design for Color Me Daisy
Haute Artist Instructor
Everything Scrapbooks and Stamps DT member

Michelle said...

"clean fresh sheets to crawl under on a cold night in Montana" sounds romantic to me...