Friday, December 12, 2008

A Blizzard is Coming

Yep, we have a blizzard predicted for this weekend - at least that's what I saw on the news last night. Heavy snow with wind chills to -30F. Humm. Wishing we didn't have any activities planned for Saturday and Sunday. But we have several church related events to attend, including the children's Christmas program, with J singing, so there is no missing allowed!
For my birthday I got a new polarizing filter for my camera, so yesterday I played with it a bit. Loved the freedom it gave me when the sun was higher in the sky. Still got great colors and not so much of what I call blow-out (where you just loose all color). So, I took photos of Gallatin Gateway, our little town. It's not much of a town, a school, a post office, a bar and restaurant, some old cars, and many unique little homes. No grocery or shopping area (unless you call the mini-mart in the gas station on the highway a shopping area).
Here are some of the photos from around the town with the new filter:
Yes, we even have a gated community! Right in the middle of the cattle shoots and garages built into the side of the hill.
But, of course we've got the views, so those rich people in the gated place want to be here.
And here are some photos from the crafting day I had with my friend Tamera - I worked on a circle journal entry and some tags:
Have a great Friday, and maybe over the weekend I'll have some interesting white out photos from the "blizzard" that is coming.

10 comments:

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! They should be in a coffee table book, or framed and on MY WALL!! I love, love, love them!!

Helsbells said...

Those tags are just beautiful. Love them a lot.

The photos are gorgeous too. I love how blue the sky gets with that filter. I use mine loads. It's a great pressie to get :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos my dear! it's easy to see why you love that little town! all it needs is a moose wandering into the frame! :)

Jennifer Davis said...

What fun peeks into where you live! Your tags are just gorgeous as well!

Have a great weekend!

Vanessa said...

what a lovely town!

mommy2alex said...

Love your photos, they are always just amazing!
Great tags, just beautiful and fun.
Stay warm and I cannot wait to see photos of your little star!

Kelly said...

Love your cj entry - and your photos are so amazing. Beautiful!!

Sweet Peripety said...

Lady, you rock scrapbooking...lovely album, and PHOTOS, and tags....superb.

And, Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you had a lovely day. I bet I should continue to read your blog to find out!

Stay warm with the weather that's coming!Q

DebW said...

Beautiful pictures, so serene and peaceful out there-can I come visit some day?

Saw your tree too! Beautiful! Love the ambient light!

Stay warm this weekend!

Rita said...

Beautiful photos! I may have to check out that filter... Your CJ entry and tags are stunning! Love the colors and texture. We may get some snow too this weekend, not a blizzard, but we'll see if I can get any pictures :)