Monday, December 8, 2008

White Blanket

This post was put up on Monday evening to be read as if it was already Tuesday! I'm trying to get them posted at night because . . . well otherwise it is questionable as to when I'll get them done during the day and I start to miss days. Last night (Sunday to Monday) it snowed - like six inches! Now, by Truckee standards (where we used to live) that is just a light dusting. But by Montana standards, that's a "dumping." After a warm Sunday, with wind that melted all the snow from last week, it was fun to see the landscape changed so dramatically again. J was excited - he mentioned last week that he'd like to live in the Arctic so there would always be snow.
Leo enjoys the snow too. Silly dog! He's digging after mice and voles in the snow. I actually saw him pounce today, and for a 90 pound dog, that is quite something to see. Wish I could have caught a photo of him mid-air!
He comes up from his digging around looking like this all the time, and doesn't seem to realize that he looks quite funny. He even comes to the back door looking like this and expecting me to let him in. Gotta love this dog, even if he is a pain in the rear sometimes.

I got a comment yesterday asking about the actions I use on photos sometimes. These are two photos using the MidnightPro action that I got at EZ Action. I love it because it softens things and really looks cool, although it is definitely a very noticeable action. It is what I used on the family photos in the most recent post before this one.

I think this action is sort of romantic, and these days I like the idea of romantic photos.

Yesterday a.m. Andy took J to school, and I took my camera for a short walk around our property to look at the snow.

I love how the bee balm looks like little fairies from "The Spiderwick Chronicles" with snow hats on.

I got my list of things done yesterday, (bills paid, groceries purchased, some house keeping done) and am on to today's list - nice not to be behind early in the week. I'm determined to get the office filing done and more house keeping and laundry completed, because I'm taking tomorrow (Wednesday) to be with my friend Tamara, get some crafting done and celebrate my 44th birthday. I've got great plans - crafting, socializing, and a delicious dinner. Poor Andy is going to barbecue pork chops for me in the freezing snow because it's what I want and he is a sweet heart who does that kind of thing for me! And I'm going to make a rum cake using a recipe from my friend Cindy. And we are going to have a relaxed, non-stressed day. I can't wait!

Have a great Tuesday!

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a fun filled day Wednesday....and Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! great snow pics!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos! you live in an amazing place ... totally jealous!

Kate said...

BURR! you should have said you posting four letter word pics (SNOW) LOL! they are beautiful!

Aimee Ann said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh, great shots of the snow! love them. is he a lab? cute dog! we have a lab, he loves snow!!

Lauren said...

Gosh! Your photos... wow! And the actions are a nice touch!

Happy Birthday!

Oh, and my dog runs, and jumps and plays in the snow and turns from mostly black to white and wonders why she has to be toweled off before she can come back inside!

Jennifer Davis said...

That first landsape is just stunning! Thanks for sharing!

liz mataraza said...

beautiful pictures as always...and you're really rockin' the photoshop actions! love that romantic one...

Anonymous said...

its been snowing herein Alberta for days - it actually looks so pretty that I can't complain. Plus I love running in cold weather, I guess that's good since we get a lot of it, LOL.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh that snow looks like fun! Your pictures are gorgous as usual!

Happy Birthday!

mommy2alex said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I just want to print out your photos, frame them and hang them on my walls! Love all of them, but especially the two "romantic" ones!!