Sunday, December 7, 2008

Photo Stories

Here we are at Monday again! They come so quickly these days, that's for sure. Only two more Mondays until Christmas. Hopefully by next Monday I will have all gifts bought, baked, wrapped and shipped. That's my goal!
Today is shopping (groceries), bill paying and cleaning - plus picking a friend up at the airport!
Here are some photos from the photo shoot I did of Andy's family on Thanksgiving Day.

It's funny about taking photos of people you know pretty well. You read their stories into the photos and begin to assume that everyone who sees the photos can read the stories too. But as you look at these pictures you don't see the joys and the sorrows, the celebrations and the concerns. You just see beautiful people (well, at least most of them are beautiful - hehehehehe!) Trust me, just like you, these people have the ups and downs, and go arounds of life. Isn't that what makes it worth taking their picture? I think so! It makes me wish I had photos like these of every person I've ever cared about to remind me of their stories, their specialness, their struggles and their triumphs.

Can you tell I'm all sentimental? That's what comes from watching the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie. Cry at the commercials. Cry at the happy ending. Get all sappy about photos. Yep, it's a holiday tradition, don't you know!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Gorgeous gorgeous pics!

Anonymous said...

Love the side lighting on some of those photos - really beautiful. And uh - you gave me a heart attack when you said there are only 2 Mondays left before Christmas! Yikes!

Lauren said...

GREAT photos! Is it just the light? Did you use a certain filter/exposure or action?

LOVE em! :)

*Paula* said...

Wow - awesome photos! I *so* wish I had someone to take family photos like that!

Jen Martakis said...

Wow, all wrapped up and done by next Monday? You my dear are my hero. ;)

The photos are fabulous. You are so amazing!

Jennifer Davis said...

Gorgeous pictures and I love what you shared regarding photos...it's so true!

And, ONLY TWO MONDAYS????????

Fuzzy said...

B's kids are so tall! They all look really good! Beautiful photos... I can't wait to come and visit, just so you can take my picture. I LOVE Jacob's hair, J should absoultely immitate it! (It is actually a by product of wearing a hard hat ever day for months, so its not worth it to get it cut, or to use gel) I think he hasn't cut it since before we got married.

Denise said...

Your photos are all stunning!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful family photos!

vtpuggirl said...

Just beautiful! I wish I had pictures of my dad's side of the family too. I'm getting all sentimental, and I didn't watch the movie. The slightest mention of Hallmark and I cry.

diana albright said...

the photos are beautiful!

and wow... 2 Mondays left before christmas! it's just speeding by!

liz mataraza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
liz mataraza said...

beautiful photos...beautiful people!

that last comment i deleted b/c i'm a dork. i thought you wrote 'two more days' rather than 'two more mondays until Christmas'. :)

mborrero said...

thanks for sharing these photos.