Saturday, December 6, 2008

Catch up #2 - Tags

This morning was a women's breakfast and service project at my church. We made baskets of goodies for people who could use a little pick-me-up in our community - some who go to our church and some who don't. The people we thought of have lost a spouse, suffered with cancer, are in a transition home from the prison system to the community, lost a job, or otherwise come to need a bit of encouragement and acknowledgement that they are thought of. We had 22 baskets to make and deliver when all was said and done. It was fun, and I will tell you, the ladies at my church are amazing in their creativity, thoughtfulness, efficiency and love for others. Not only did they put together and deliver the 22 baskets, but they also decorated the church today.
I of course bit off a bit more than the week should have allowed when I decided I wanted to use Tim Holts' "Twelve Tags of Christmas" day 5 to inspire a tag to go on each basket - did I mention we made 22 baskets?
These are the two styles of tags I made:

I didn't have all the stuff Tim has, so I improvised where needed, and I simplified a bit because I was doing 22 in one night - did I mention I was up until after 1 a.m. last night?

I am really enjoying all that Tim is showing us on his blog, and my only wish is that I could have all that product to do all the tags. That would be quite a Christmas list, don't you think?

2 comments:

Jennifer Davis said...

Beautiful!

liz mataraza said...

i heard about these tags of Tim's... i really must go check them out. yours is stunning!