Monday, December 29, 2008

Finally some pages

I actually did these pages about 10 days ago, but finding a time to photograph them outside has been hard. I did them while working at Keepsakes By Design the last weekend I was there. I did another page, which is on display at the store, and five tags (also on display at the store) so I can't share those.
Anyway, here they are. I love the letters and snow flakes on this one - they are chipboard, run through a cuddle bug embossing plate, painted white, inked with distress ink and then heat embossed with embossing tinsel. Totally fun!
This one is a lift of a layout I saw on 2 Peas a while back and really liked. Pretty straight forward I guess!
Yesterday was really productive - I got three bankers boxes of documents filed. Today, I get to enter a years worth of transactions into the quick books, and that might take part of tomorrow. Then, I will be all ready to do taxes, which is amazing since usually I do it the end of February. But with the bar exam I need everything ready so that it is just an hour or two imputing numbers into the accountant's form. Taxes are due to him just two days after the bar exam, so I'm in desperate need of being prepared.
I also began listening to bar exam related lectures on CD while I was filing yesterday. Just getting my brain reminded of the vocabulary and the organization that is going to be needed. I thought I might cry, but I didn't. Sometimes I was hopeful that indeed I can do this, and sometimes I thought "Geeze, why do we have to know all this minutia?" But, I've started.
Now, if I can get the quickbooks updated and complete the circle journal I have for group three at Studio Calico, I will have a successful week. On the CJ, I just need to print photos and write the journaling, so it is really close. But it is also really late. Ugh! I feel bad. But in my defense, it came to me late, it's been the holidays, and I will get it done about a month after I received it. Keeping up with new ones during bar study is going to be a challenge, but perhaps it will be a good break once in awhile!

7 comments:

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful layotus Susan Beth!! I especially love the handmade one!! Gorgeous!! Good luck with your studies!!

vtpuggirl said...

Those are gorgeous, love them both. Good luck with studying, and good for you for knocking out the taxes up front. CMEs are calling my name, but I'm not answering! But hey, my garage is now clean.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great layouts Susan Beth! You will do great with the bar! I have no doubt!

Jenn said...

Love love love the traditions LO. Just keep pressing forward, good things will come...eventually!

denine zielinski said...

Keep that positive attitude and all will go well! Your layout are beautiful!

DebW said...

Best of luck with studying. But you don't really need luck, I know you'll so well!
Great LO's. Love the smile on J's face in the Snow LO!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOO I love them!