Friday, December 26, 2008

While I was away. . .

. . . from blogging I did do some things worth sharing.
Probably most exciting was that I actually scrapbooked. I was working at the LSS and it was slow, so I had time to do a couple of pages. But, I have not had an opportunity to photograph them because it has been either below zero or snowing most every day, and I photograph my projects outside. So, that will have to wait until (hopefully) tomorrow.
Another thing I did was a photo shoot with four wonderful children. It was a bit of a last minute thing (taking their pics on Monday the 22nd to have them edited and delivered on disc to dad by Wednesday the 24th at noon). But, it was a special circumstance. Their mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer this past fall. She has just one more round of chemo scheduled, but as it would all of us, I think the stress of this challenge has taken a toll. I saw them at a church event and just blurted out to their dad that I would love to take the kids photo as a gift they could give the mom for Christmas. Nothing like putting a little pressure on myself.
The weather then turned bitterly cold, so we could not schedule it until a day when the children wouldn't be crying from the frost bite.
That old tractor Andy bought a few years ago has come in handy for me lately. It certainly makes little boys happy.
We were fortunate and had a visit with the horses next door while the kids were here - not portrait type photos, but certainly fun to have! And it broke up the session with the kids so that we had happier kids all the way around. Then, to add to it, I decided to try doing natural lighting in the barn of all places. But I was pretty happy with the results!

In general, I was pretty happy with what we got in photographs. It was cold, it was snowing, and it was hurried. And some of those kids are pretty young. Still, I think the photos are appropriate for their dad to give to their mom.

Some of you may know this family, but even for those of you who don't, prayers are needed anytime this family or any other faces a challenge like Breast Cancer. It is a time of vulnerability and yet a time to create unity in the battle. They have handled it with grace and faith that will have a huge impact regardless of how the story ends.

No comments: