Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hello Thursday!

This is the view from my kitchen sink last evening as the sun was setting.
This week has flown by. I've got some blog business to take care of here because I got tagged on Sunday or Monday, and haven't got my 6 random facts posted. So, here it goes:
1. My cousin Mike has the same birthday as me, except he is 4 years older. When we were young, that always seemed like an advantage on his part, but now, as we are in our 40's it seems like those four fewer years are an advantage for me maybe?
2. I grew up doing counted cross-stitch projects, and did my largest projects in Law School as a way to relax. Haven't done any projects in a long time, but have a few I'd like to get to soon.
3. I make a wonderful Lemon Meringue pie and the best pumpkin pie ever - my husbands is just certain of those things.
4. I love to backpack, and the Southern Sierras are my mountains of choice for that! Yosemite back country feels like home to me, and I miss it very much.
5. (Wracking my brains here for something even remotely interesting . . . . . .) I graduated high school and started college at age 17.
6. (One more thing...toe tapping...toe tapping...ah! Light bulb!) I love to cross country ski, but hate down hilling because the boots are so uncomfortable. This disappoints my husband who taught down hill skiing at Squaw Valley USA several years, but he's a good cross-country skier too, so he sacrifices and does that with me from time to time.
Okay, so who's going to do the six random things? How about Michelle (my sister), Elizabeth (my sister), K-Liz, Lauren, and Rita. I don't think I've tagged any of them in awhile.
Have a great day. I hope to have some tags I made yesterday to show you either later today, or tomorrow.

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

I love your tree, and I am SERIOUSLY jealous of the view from your window. It's breathtaking. My poor Christmas trees have never seen the snow.... sigh..

Lisa Dorsey said...

Love all those facts. I love to ski too, but I haven't been cross country skiing since high school. You tree looks gorgeous!

Lauren said...

Love your tree photo!! So peaceful and serene..Just lovely! Have a wonderful day!

Claude said...

What a view, wow!

Anonymous said...

I love your tree!!

Lauren said...

Oh wow! I love the warmth the tree gives the photo with the winter scene outside! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Fun facts (always nice to get to know my fellow bloggers a bit more :). Your photos are gorgeous!

Rita said...

Gorgeous view from your kitchen sink! I'm jealous! I have a large boat out my window...lol. It's FIL's project. Lemon Meringue is my favorite pie, but I've never tried to make it. I'm slowly starting to try my hand at baking :)