Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Like Negative 27 this morning. Supposed to warm up to over 0 tomorrow, and we are anxiously waiting - a heat wave, you know!
Yesterday Andy and I did what many of you will consider to be a foolish thing, and went for a short (very short) walk in -12 degree weather. Got a few photos. Here you go:
The birds are all puffed up to try to stay warm! I'm so glad I'm not one of those birds!
A bit behind on my list of things to do this week, but also making some glacial progress. Today needs to be productive with laundry and preparing to mail Christmas things. But I also have many errands to do out and about.
Have a great Tuesday. Hope it is warmer wherever you are!

12 comments:

Willie said...

I like your Blog and think it is time for more people to read this information. I have start a Link Buddy system join me on this exciting project and get people to visit your sight. It is all for free at http://www.linkbuddy.blogspot.com/

Hanna Long said...

those are lovely pictures - love seeing all the snow

*reyanna* said...

Well, it's a bit warmer here... 25 degrees. Which is VERY uncharacteristic for Texas. LOL. But I've spent my last 13 winters in cold climates (Colorado, Minnesota and Rhode Island), so I'm enjoying the cold here. :) You took some beautiful photos! And I do *not* miss negative numbers. LOL.

Lauren said...

BRrrrrrrrrrr! At least its above 0 this morning... 3 degrees! But great pictures on your walk!

liz mataraza said...

ah, love the 'glacial progress' comment. and what beautiful pictures. i can SEE the frigid temp.

Anonymous said...

not much warmer here - but we did make it to the positive side of zero today! LOVE that red barn photo!

Fuzzy said...

You can see the frigidness in the air of your photos.

Anonymous said...

susan beth... you are amazing. seriously.

DebW said...

Beautiful pics Susan TFS!!

denine zielinski said...

Now that's cold!!! Your pictures are gorgeous, too!

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful pics of the water! Wow, 12 degrees, just wow!

Jen Martakis said...

It is a bit warmer here, but still cold. ;) Foolish or not, the photos from your walk were well worth it. I really love the one with the birds in the tree.