Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some Images! and Some Stress!

I was up late last night - couldn't sleep as yesterday was a very bad day, and suddenly all the stress of the world was upon my shoulders. Ever have a day/night like that? Well, I got up and edited photos until I thought I could sleep - like until 1:30 a.m. Here is what I was working on.
I'm actually a little pleased with these, as when I first looked at these photos I was sure it was a bust! These girls were sweet, but challenging for a beginner photo shooter like me. The oldest and youngest were difficult for me to connect with, and I felt like all the photos just showed their stress. But, I think there are a few images that are worth something - I'm only showing you a random bit of what I decided were good enough to give to their mom.
The stress that hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday has to do with the whole idea that I'm needing to start studying for the bar exam, and I am not ready to stop everything else in life. It sucks, frankly. But it won't get any better by postponing, so I'm on a mission to get my stuff done and start studying. I hope to snap a few photos and post regularly, but I suspect my crafting days are officially retired until March 1. That, frankly, makes me very sad. VERY SAD. I know I haven't done much crafting of late anyway, but to not even have the hope of it for a while just makes me sick to my stomach!
Ah, well, that is responsibility for you. Time for me to be responsible again!
Oh, and it's up in the above zero, double digits today. A real heat wave, so we are getting out our shorts and tank tops again!

4 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

I think the shoot went beautifully! I completely understand about studying. That's what happened to me last year taking my recertification exam for 6 weeks, it was brutal. But worth it. Hang in there, pace yourself.

*reyanna* said...

It's also responsible to take care of your sanity! You know, I'm sure you could find 15 minutes here and there to craft! Really, just a few of those short 15 minute breaks put together, and you could finish a mini album or layout! Keep an SC kit handy! ;) Hang in there!

Beautiful photos too! Awesome work. :)

Laura Fiore said...

Beautiful photos Susan Beth! The BAR EXAM???? What are you doing on the computer???? ;-)

Sorry, I'm sure that didn't add to your stress at all! You can do this, you know you can! If you can get through the horror that is law school, you can do this!

Wish I were there to cook you a meal so you could relax and study!

*Paula* said...

I think the photos look awesome! I love the 1st one especially!