Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Man In My Life

He's my much younger brother, who lives here in town. He's married with a beautiful wife and child, and all of them appear in my blog from time to time and in my scrapbook pages frequently. The other day I ran into Costco for shopping, and on my way in I saw his car in the parking lot - can't miss it, its an older model Suburban painted Forest Service green (because it used to be a government car). Anyway, I found him in the store and we walked around talking and shopping together. It was the first time in a long time we had time just the two of us, without our spouses or children. Kind of nice, although I really love it when our whole families get together too. It was especially nice because we had some family things to talk about - a sister getting married in Hawaii, without anyone but her husband to be present (we're okay with that, just wanted to talk about it). Anyway, it just made me think how nice it is that he lives in our town. Someday he may move away so his wife can go to graduate school, but until then, I'll just enjoy! Hoping, against hope to get all my chores done today and have some time to scrapbook! Really needing that kind of relaxation at this point! Plus, I've got a new SC kit un-touched, and a bit of mojo rising. Now, that is a good combination!

6 comments:

All That Chit Chat said...

Love this photo of little bro! TFS

Abundant blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

fab photo! my kit is untouched too - hoping we both get some scrapping in! :)

Kirsty Wiseman said...

get that kit open now girl.... does it not call to you??!!!!

Whenever I open mine, a chorus of angels sing hallelujah!

Paula Barber said...

My is unopened as well.
I'm planning to cut that baby up this weekend.

What great "together" time for you and your brother.

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful photo, love that one. My kit is sitting lonely too. Maybe this weekend!

Rita said...

Love the photo! You're so good...you do your chores before your scrap? Ha, my DH would fall over if I did that! Seriously, though, I hope you get some scrapping time in!