Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Another Photo Session

This is the sky we had last night for a photo shoot I did with one of our pastor's and his family. It was the first time I ever did six people at once, and I have so much to learn. I had invited them to do this so that I could practice, and I will be practicing more. Know any other families of five or six who what their photos taken so I can practice? I really want to get this down.
We started earlier, with more light, but unfortunately lots of wind - and four long blond haired beautiful girls. The wind was a negative factor, but I still think we got a couple of good ones. Then, as the light began to fade in earnest the wind disappeared, so we pushed it and got a few more. This was fun! I don't have any samples to show you because I haven't worked through all 200 photos yet, and I don't have the family's permission yet. But hopefully I'll be able to post a couple samples over the next week!
Off on a kid hike for a picnic by a creek with a friend. Tomorrow: scrapbooking if at all possible! Then, camping for the weekend. As summer dwindles down, I'm excited about all we get to do, but it sure is busy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo....have fun camping, that is what we're doing too, have to make the most of the end of summer, right?

denine zielinski said...

Gorgeous photo! Can't wait to see more.

Jen Martakis said...

I can't wait to see your photos. I bet they are just amazing!

Jenn said...

Your photos are always so pretty Susan! Can't wait to see the rest.

Rita said...

Beautiful sky! If I lived closer I would let you practice on my family of 5! Can't wait to see your photos! Have a great trip!

Jeffrey Sharkey said...

actually we both know a family of 8, or is it 9 now? ;)

also, taking portraits outdoors can be challenging. ive been following maxwax's blog (hes in a christian band and a photo geek) and hes talked alot about his techniques for outdoor pics using external flashes/lightboxes, and he has some awesome results:

http://homepage.mac.com/maxwax11/iblog/C1484559475/index.html

Kelly said...

Wow!! Gorgeous photo - the sky looks amazing!

liz mataraza said...

i commented yesterday, but was interrupted b4 i got to finish!

gorgeous pics as always...i missed quite a few as i've been slacking in the blog visitation department.