Monday, August 18, 2008

Doing A Happy Dance!

First, I'm happy because as of today, in the last 20 months (actually, only 19.5) I have lost 30 pounds. Now, I know that is not the fastest weight loss you ever heard of, but it is where I am today, and I am happy about that. Even J celebrates with me on that.
Second, I am happy because my family is going on a little outing this afternoon and evening to a lake, just to have fun with the three of us. Very good thing! Although J did let me know that he would not "antagonize" me by telling me that the rope swing would break because I'm so heavy. He's aware of my weight issues and my diet issues, and sometimes in his attempt to support me he says things that are so funny!
Third, I am happy because we had a great day at our church picnic and baptism event yesterday - got a couple of pics to share from that. I took my telephoto lens (old and not very big, and not auto focused) and still got some decent shots. So, I'm sharing even though you might not know the people.

This last one is of L, who was also baptized, but not in the water, as that would be a hard thing for her. She was sprinkled and loved, and it was wonderful! Isn't she beautiful? She makes me smile!

Back tomorrow with a report on our family outing!

6 comments:

Kristii said...

Awesome baptism photos!!
Dancin here with you!! Awesome job on the weight loss!!! Keep up the good work girl!! Have fun with your family!!

Fuzzy said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

vtpuggirl said...

She is a little angel that one. Love your photo posts, what a great day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful phoro...love the sun shinning through...gorgeous! Congrats on your weight loss too, you must have worked very hard :)
Have a great day!
Suzie

Rita said...

Congrats on your weight loss! Beautiful and powerful photos!

denine zielinski said...

Congrats on your weight loss...what a wonderful accomplishment!