Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Day at the Creek

We should have been doing this all summer. It's minutes away from our house, a nice medium sized hike for exercise, and free! And the kids had a blast!
My friend Tamara and her children joined J and I for a fun picnic and play on the creek. We also had my niece D with us, which made it extra fun because she and Tamara's G are the same age - kindergarten teachers of the valley, look out!
There was bug catching:
There was stick playing:
There was creek walking: There was buddy time: There was mud!
There was a lot of fun had by all!
Summer is almost over, and I think next summer has to be filled with this at least once a week! Its a resolution!
And, on that "Summer is almost over" thing . . . well, I can tell because today, after 9 a.m. it is not yet out of the 50's. Going to make for some sweatshirt weather on our upcoming camping trip, I think!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that looks like one fun afternoon! lucky you to have such a natural playground at your doorstep!

Fuzzy said...

that looks like such a blast, even with the mud!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Those pictures make me smile, especially the mud ones. So glad you had a great time!

Rita said...

I love the pic of all 5 kids! Fabulous composition! My boys would love that mud!

Kelly said...

Awesome pics!!
Love the one with the 5 of them sitting on the bridge!