Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Books, Chores, Gardens and Lots of Photos!

We have connections with books. At least with some fantastic children's books. The SanSouci Brothers (Author Robert and Illustrator Daniel) are the brothers of Mike, a friend of ours. Both Robert and Daniel are highly honored and awarded in their respective fields. And Daniel has written a series of books about growing up in the East Bay, across from San Francisco as he expands from illustrating to writing as well. The books are based on true events in their boyhood, and they are funny and very enjoyable! The two books above came to us yesterday as gifts, signed to us by the author and illustrator! If you don't have these books, get them! Amazing. Actually, the first book, "As Luck Would Have It" is not available in stores yet, but will be by Christmas so look for it at better book stores! As mentioned in my last post, this is a day of chores. First on my agenda was to fix the gate. The latch gets askew and then the gate doesn't close without great effort. And yesterday that resulted in the dog getting out, J panicking, and a delay as we were setting out on an adventure. So, I went out and fixed it. And this is the simple implement used: Nothing too fancy for me. Then, I tackled the hall closet, where shoes have been flung all summer. Now it looks like this: And all the extras are in the garage on the "mud room" shelves (built by my brother a couple years ago, and a huge help to keeping things organized!) I also took the time to go through the plastic containers of gloves and hats and sorting and discarding and getting organized, because in about a month we'll be needing these things in the mornings! I also spotted a loose hinge, and on a whim, fixed it too! Feeling kind of proud of myself, can't you tell! Today is cool. 55 degrees at 2 p.m. cool: Makes it seem like fall is upon us already. The apples are getting ripe! The fields are becoming golden:
And even some of the shrubs are showing color in a few places. But, the garden is in it's glory (except for all the weeds I've allowed to invade):
Have a great rest of the day!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on getting so much accomplished. (:

it's feeling like fall already? i thought you just got through winter two months ago.

super cool on the books.

Kristii said...

Do you hire out girl? lol! Fantastic pictures!!! I always love your pictures! Fantastic!

Jenn said...

I think your right with Fall on it's way! Yesterday when I took the kids to school at 8:15 am it was only 48!
BRRR! Great photos!And I always love that feeling when you get things cleaned out! (reminds me that I need to go through the hat and glove tub, too!)

Jen Martakis said...

Love the photos, especially the apples. Fall is almost here huh? Oh, and your closet looks great. The shoes in mine are about 3 X 10 pairs deep. ;)

mommy2alex said...

Wow, you have gorgeous flowers in your garden and those apples are beautiful!
Congrats on getting so much accomplished, very inspirational!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Stunning photos what a great view.

Lauren said...

LOVE the field shots

Sweet Peripety said...

You know, you have GOT to stop publishing my pics on your blog! LOL!

;-)

Love them love them love them. I can live vicariously through you, you know? And, wow, you are the busy organizer. I'm impressed.

Lily said...

Man, I miss the bay area. We lived in Alameda for awhile and those apple trees were everywhere.

Sounds like you were a busy beaver. I am exhausted just thinking about it

liz mataraza said...

i come to your blog looking for peace and i always find it. your pictures always get me.

except for the hall closet one (the before...reminds me too much of mine and i don't have an after pic b/c i just shut the door!)

denine zielinski said...

WOW...you have been one super busy girl! I wish I had so much energy and motivation! Lovin' the flowers pics!

aimee said...

boy, can you come to my house and organize and fix a few things?! as always your pics are awesome!

Rita said...

Love your photos! Glad you got so much accomplished! It does feel good, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy! Wish I had your energy (and your temps!). Lovely flower photos! :)