Friday, August 29, 2008

A wedding, a bird, a layout and a sneak!

As we go into this three day weekend I have so many things to share! First and foremost, look what my littlest sister did on Wednesday in Hawaii:
It was a pre-announced elopement of sorts. They had a wedding planned a year ago, and post-poned indefinitely for some good reasons unrelated to their desire to get married. So, she had the dress already. They managed to arrange a trip to Hawaii almost for free, so then they put two and two together and decided to just do it. It makes sense. I was sad to miss it, but not sad they were doing it. I cried when I got these pictures because she is so beautiful! She's 17 years younger than me, looks a lot like me - but she has blue eyes instead of my green - and is so special to me. She lives 1600 miles away, but still, I think we are pretty close.
But, the exciting thing is that someday she is going to come and visit me and bring that dress and let me do a photo shoot of her! Can you imagine how wonderful that dress will be in my rugged yard? Oh man, I can't wait!
Speaking of my yard, it is full of birds these days. This photo was taken through the front door window, which I realize could use some cleaning. They appear to be juveniles, with all those fluffy feathers on the belly. And their were hundreds of them - no exaggeration!

I finished a layout (finally) yesterday. Here it is:

I will be teaching a class with this one in November. It is a copy of my own design from earlier in the year that I posted here before, but is worth a repeat so you can see:

I had made the original just to show off the Christine Adolph line of paper - and it worked, we sold out of that paper at the store. But a lot of people wanted that layout for a class. Instead of re-ordering the paper, we decided it would be best to make a new one. Obviously, there are some differences - wider strip, different banner, different title configuration. But, the basics are there, so hopefully people will sign up for the class. Will be using a second page with it, using that same Graphic 45's Botanical like of paper (the page I posted a few days ago). And finally, a sneak peek at my contribution to Anne W.'s circle journal:

The theme is "What Inspires You?" and it was a bit of a challenge for me, because I don't know how to define the answer. but I gave it a shot!

Off for some water skiing and fun this weekend. Back Sunday or Monday with an update. Enjoy your long weekend!

7 comments:

Helsbells said...

Love how you've used the jean pocket on those layouts. What a fantastic idea :)

mommy2alex said...

What a lovely bride your sister is - how wonderfully that you'll be able to photograph her!
Great layouts, love how you used the pockets - I've got a stack just waiting to be used, so thank you for the inspiration!

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

very wonderful layouts and loved the sneak too. Blessings for your sister and husband. She is a beautiful bride.

Rita said...

Beautiful wedding photo! How wonderful it will be when you can take some more photographs for her! Great class LOs, love the dimension and texture of the flowers! You CJ entry looks fabulous! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride your sister is! Love your layout with the 'pocket full of posies' :)
Suzie

Stacey Michaud said...

Love those flowers on that layout! I can't wait to see the rest of your project! Congrats on your sister!

MandeeM said...

I have to say that I am loving reading your blog more and more everyday. . . I haven't been so good with mine, busy... busy... But, I am finding that I feel that I know you a little more every time I read yours, and I find that I can relate to you. Thanks for sharing your life with me.